- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, plus extra for griddle
- 2 1/4 cups pureed cooked sweet potato
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- coconut oil, if preferred for pan
- maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, sweet potato puree, and milk.
- Add in flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and gently stir until combined.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat until drops of water sizzle; brush lightly with oil or butter. Pour or scoop batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Transfer to a platter to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter, brushing griddle with more oil or butter as necessary.
Pecan Candy Topping:
- Toss desired amount of pecans in equal amounts of molasses and maple syrup. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes.