- 3 cups ripe mulberries*
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar, depending on sweetness of mulberries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Unbaked pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan, plus strips of pie dough for lattice top
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a medium, heavy-bottomed pot, combine mulberries, sugar, salt, and vinegar, and simmer over low heat until liquid is reduced.
3. Place mulberries in pie crust, weave a lattice top crust, and bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
* Half mulberry, half rhubarb is also delicious if you eat too many of the mulberries during the harvest, which I always do.