- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, preferably ancho or guajillo
- 1 lime
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, washed and drained
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Wash sweet potatoes (unless blemished, leave the skins on) and cut into uniform pieces half-bite size. Place on a baking sheet. Toss with extra-virgin olive oil and roast until tender, slightly brown, and sweet. Remove baking sheet from the oven. Sprinkle the chili powder onto the potatoes. Stir together well and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the sheet pan from the oven.
2. Zest the lime over the roasted sweet potatoes while they are still warm and stir just to distribute. Set aside.
3. Remove the leaf stems from the cilantro and place the leaves in a bowl large enough to hold the completed dish. Squeeze the juice of the limes over the potatoes, stir, then add to the bowl with the cilantro. Toss to incorporate. Using your hands works best for this task as the cilantro leaves tend to stick together.